Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nowhere

I’m on a five lane road going nowhere
In a place that’s some one elses prayer
I’m on a journey that’s got me on my knees
With no success or guarantees

Somewhere far away from here
Some one else has got my fear
They know what its like to have and hold
And suddenly let go


I don’t want to go to school no more
I don’t want to feel the pain anymore
I want to be home with all my friends
In security that never ends

I don’t want to fail another test
When im trying hard and at my best
I don’t want to see you look at me
When I’m not the one you want me to be

I’m staring at a lake of fire
Of all my hopes and my desires
Watching dream go down in flame
Leaving just myself to blame

If I return and concede defeat
Will you still think I’m incomplete?
I’m trying to fufill all your hopes
While slipping down this rope of soap

I don’t want to go to school no more
I don’t want to feel the pain anymore
I want to be home with all my friends
In security that never ends

I don’t want to fail another test
When im trying hard and at my best
I don’t want to see you look at me
When I’m not the one you want me to be



p.s. not about me

No comments:

Post a Comment